Friday 7 October 2011

How come during regular start up, My laptop beeps and freezes when I click?

Right now I am on safe mode which is working fine. It is a Toshiba.





For some reason when I try to start windows XP normally it either:





Gets stuck on the Welcome screen in which I could still move the cursor around until i click a few times and then t beeps and everything completely freezes.


or...


It moves on to load my background and shows my files, but It fails to load the task bar. I can%26#039;t access any of my files or open task manager. Once again in this situation, I click a few times and then it beeps and freezes.





Obviously a system restoration seems out of the question since It doesn%26#039;t work in safe mode...





I tried adding a sub user account to see if the freezing would stop If I chosen an account instead of it automatically loading my default account. That didn%26#039;t work either...





I%26#039;m not sure if this could be relevant, but according to Vipre anti virus Scanner I have a virus:


Risk name: Trojan.Win32.Patched.el (v)


Source: Scanner


Risk level: High


Risk category: Malware


Description: Trojan is a general term for malicious software that is installed under false or deceptive pretenses or is installed without the user%26#039;s full knowledge and consent. Most Trojans exhibit some form of malicious, hostile, or harmful functionality or behavior.


Advice: This is a high risk and should be removed immediately as it may compromise your privacy and security, make dangerous changes to your computer%26#039;s settings without your knowledge and consent, or severely degrade your computer%26#039;s performance and stability.





It claims the source file is disguised as powrprof.dll and is located in my C:/windows/system 32 folder. I tried to delete this file, but it says %26quot;Cannot delete Powrprof: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use%26quot; I even tried Vipre%26#039;s Secure file eraser and that didn%26#039;t work...





I%26#039;m pretty smart with computers, but it seems I need the advice from someone who is smarter.|||Download and run malwarebytes|||Hi Jessica F :





So far you have done the right thing, so to help remove the problem and others you should download and run this: http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-An鈥?/a>





Boot into safemode and run the program. It works great but it is slow so have patience as it can a from 30 minutes to a few hours to complete. I recommend that you do the fast scan first and then reboot. This may allow you to get into your account normally. Then do a full scan.





E-Mail me if you run into problems.





Good Luck|||The Windows operating system constantly refers to the registry to get information about all of the components such as hardware and software which are installed on the computer. The registry tells Windows what to do and how to access the various programs, files, and processes.However, the registry can contain bad information which sends Windows off doing useless tasks or running unneeded routines. Sometimes errors occur including the freezeing. Other times the system slows down. Because of the sheer number of factors that can affect the registry, there鈥檚 no one size fits all approach. You can鈥檛 just go into the registry and remove the bad information because it鈥檚 nearly impossible to decipher which information is good and which information is bad. That鈥檚 a job better suited for software. I should like to commend Registry Easy http://make-computer-run-smoothly.com to you ! You can try ! Good luck!|||your computer haven eat by virus.





format it again n use kaspersky anti-virus





tq|||BEST IDEA IS TO REINSTALL XP