Friday 7 October 2011

How do you put a password on your wireless router?

i have three laptops at home. One is the ethernet to modem host? and the others quite simply just connect by finding it. but any computer can find my connection. how do i change this. i have heard of 198.168.1.1 ?? and gone to the router page but all it did was change the name of my router connection..... ahhhhhh HELP!!!!!|||I%26#039;m a little confused by your question details. Are you saying that one of your computers serves as the Wireless router? When you say %26quot;one is the ethernet to modem host%26quot;, you put a question mark after it so I%26#039;m not sure.





If you%26#039;re using a linksys router, I%26#039;d recommend these two bundles.





Setup and Configure your Linksys Router:


http://www.woopid.com/gvideos.php?gid=47





Linksys Router security options:


http://www.woopid.com/gvideos.php?gid=46





Those videos should teach you what you need to know about your router (as long as it%26#039;s a Linksys).





If you aren%26#039;t using a linksys, please update your question to better explain your setup.





Thanks!|||I%26#039;d get a real router.