Friday 7 October 2011

Why does my screen always go blank when windows asks for permission?

Whenever windows does that things where it asks for permission to continue my screen goes blank for five seconds and it popups in like a... it like becomes its own. Here is an example: I go to change your account name I need administrator privileges to do it and so the screen goes black for five seconds and the thing pops up saying windows needs permission to continue right? but everything behind it looks like its on a seperate computer. Its weird.



The MAIN question is how do I stop it from always going black and I have to wait till it comes up?



please helppp

I have an Acer Aspire 9300|||turning the user account control is not recommended

It is for your security although it can become very irritating



* to control UAC



press windows + R

type regedit

press enter

then wait for that continue and give permission

on regedit click on my computer in the left panel

then press ctrl + F and then search for promptonsecuredesktop

without spaces and press enter

when the result comes up in the right panel there you can change that value from 1 to 0

by doing so the black screen will no more come but it will still ask for your confirmation



* to turn off user account control completely



click the start menu

then click on your user account picture

it would open a window

then in that window there would be a link to turn windows User account control on or off

click there

and the remove the check box from use UAC and click on OK

and restart your computer

then you wont get annoyed by that frequent promptings



but i recommend going for the first one as it is the best compromise between security and convenience|||Why worry about it? My HP does the same thing and I keep it like that just so I have a chance to cancel a permission if I have to.|||What you are dealing with is Vista%26#039;s User Access Control (UAC) and it is functioning the way it was designed. Do a search on your PC%26#039;s help function to link to how to turn it off (not recommended).|||That%26#039;s not a problem.....that%26#039;s usual for Vista.



When you%26#039;re not an administrator it pops up making the background dark and usually asks for a password.



Yet, for the administrator still comes up and you have to press %26#039;continue%26#039;. If you want to stop this I suggest you look on the Vista website for details.
  • software
  • software
  •