Friday 7 October 2011

How to change the WEP key fo the D-LINK wireless router?

When i insert the CD to change it, it starts to see if the router is connected. everything is connected but the program tells me





Modem not detected! Please check the following:


1. The power adabter is connected to your modem and an electrical outlet.


2. Your modem%26#039;s ethernet cable is properly connected to your computer.


3. Network card is properly installed in your computer.





so what should I do


I wanted to reset my router but i forgot the user name and the password that i took from my internet provider i just remember the password so what should i do


i can still use the internet


please help


my router is D-link DSL-2640T|||First, connect to your router with ethernet cable from your computer!


Second, login to the router itself at


http://192.168.0.1 if you have the password - the username is always admin


Third, click on wireless settings - find the Security settings and change the password.


Here is the MANUAL for your router..


http://support.dlink.com/products/view.a鈥?/a>





You don%26#039;t need the CD at all for any of this.