Saturday 24 September 2011

After turning my computer on, the Windows XP setup appears everytime.. Help?

I am fixing my boss%26#039;s computer for him. He told me to wipe it completely. He then gave me Windows XP Home Edition to install. I managed to get it on there. Then it was all done. The setup was over and I was on the computer itself. He wanted me to update his Internet Explorer to IE8. I went to the site, got the setup and then it said I needed to download updates. I went to do so, and then had restart. After a reboot. It starts on the Windows XP Home Edition setup. It does a splash screen. Then the Welcome to Microsoft Windows. Thank you for purchasing Microsoft Windows XP. Let%26#039;s spend a few minutes setting up your computer.. It asks if I want to register with microsoft. I say no, because my boss can do that later. Then I need to make a username, like who will use the computer. I put his name in and click next. Then it says Thankyou! Then I hit finish and it shows the desktop. Everything is there I did, but the resolution changes. After all that I cannot update to IE8.



How do I make it so it doesn%26#039;t have to keep showing that startup screen thing.. and so I can get IE8..?|||Is it activated? Registration is option. Activation is requirement.

If the Xp Setup is not pre-activated setup, then you need to activate it manually. Then after activation, it will do the windows update, including service pack 3. During the windows update(you may do this manually), there is option to install IE8 if the computer qualifies(such as memory size, computer speed, etc). If computer qualifies for IE8, then it will ask you whether you want to install IE8 or not.

So go to windows update, do ALL windows update until you see no more list(it might ask you to reboot 3-4 times as there are many updates for newly installed XP computer).|||Make sure the instalation CD is not inserted when you turn the computer on.|||very strange...

how many times did you get this welcome screen?

It happens when you upgrade to SP2 or SP3 or in both of them|||try disabling something in msconfig start up
  • flavered nail polish
  • multiple tables
  •