Friday 16 September 2011

How do I change my Yahoo Messenger name?

I know how to change it using Yahoo Messenger. But when I click 'My Account Info' it doesn't show up, because my computer is a glitchy Vista. So my question is: How do you change it without even having to go on Yahoo Messenger? Can you change it with your mail account?
How do I change my Yahoo Messenger name?
I am not sure if you mean you want to make it so your real name doesn't show or if you wanted to create a new public profile for your Yahoo ID. Each Yahoo ID can have 6 new public profiles (subaccounts or aliases). So I will tell you about both.

-------------------

REAL NAME SHOWING ISSUE

The link below will take you to a site that explains in detail how to prevent your real name from showing across all yahoo services, it is the best explanation I have found anywhere. Please note that in an IM box the only name that people see of yours is what is in the blue shaded area at the top of the pm box not what it says in the white text area. And the name showing at the top of Yahoo Instant Messenger only you can see BUT your real name can show in other areas like when someone adds you to their contact list and even in Yahoo mail so please read this article.



REAL NAME SHOWING: If you are concerned about this read this article %26gt;%26gt; http://www.wackyb.co.nz/Yahoo!_First_and鈥?/a> . It will explain how to prevent/change this across all Yahoo services.



Yahoo also has a help page about this here http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messeng鈥?/a>

----------------------

EDIT/CREATE A NEW PUBLIC PROFILE

You can create 6 new public profiles (aliases or sub accounts) for each Yahoo ID. At the top of Yahoo Messenger click on the Messenger Menu and then My Profiles. In 9.0 Beta version right click your Display Image at the top of YM to find My Profiles. Then a box will appear...click on Create/Edit Profiles button and choose yes when a message appears asking if you want to sign in automatically to yahoo website. Now you will be on the Yahoo! Member Directory page that lists the profiles you have. Click the Create New Public Profile button and follow the prompts to make the new profile name.



Now exit yahoo messenger (right click yahoo icon by clock and choose exit and then restart Yahoo Messenger. When you go to join a room sure you will see a drop down menu by your name with your profile names for that main account and you can chat with one of those new profile names. You can also choose the profile name for IM windows too. You can also choose to make one of your new public profiles your default profile, so that this new name will be the first choice that shows when sending IMs or entering chat rooms.
How do I change my Yahoo Messenger name?
???
I don't think you can chage it. R u looking to change ****@yahoo.com. u would have to make a new account