Friday 16 September 2011

How do you change the settings on your laptop when you open and close it?

When I open my laptop I have to log in everytime on my name, and then it lets me go do my regualr computer-stuff. For a short while though, when I closed the computer it didn't log me off, so when I opened it again it just showed the desktop. I want it to stay like that but it suddenly switched back yesterday, and I don't know where the settings are for that. Please Help!
How do you change the settings on your laptop when you open and close it?
Control Panel\Power Options\System Settings. There should be a setting for what to do when you close the lid. Options are nothing, sleep, hibernate, or shut down. Choose %26quot;Do nothing.%26quot;
How do you change the settings on your laptop when you open and close it?
here is how to make your laptop to shutdown or hibernate when you close the lid.



This tip applies to Windows Vista. From the Control Panel -%26gt; Click Hardware and Sound -%26gt; Choose Power Options. (You can also access this from the battery shaped icon from the system tray)



From the left side list, find Choose what closing the lid does



Here change the settings that you prefer. You can choose from Do Nothing, Sleep, Hibernate or Shut Down. Also if you prefer to have different setting while your laptop is connected to power supply, you can do so by choosing different options under On battery and Plugged in.



Also you can similarly change the setting of the power button or sleep button to shutdown or hibernate.
control panel, go to then change battery settings if you have that option

then click choose what closing the lid does... thats what i did
In the control panel, look for Power settings it will be there. You will have your choice when you close the lid to, Hibernate, Shut down, or do nothing.



Good Luck!
if you have vista:

go to battery icon, right click, power options, on the left side of the window you see a link that says %26quot;choose what closing the lid does%26quot;