Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do you save your Itunes Library?

I'm about to change computers completley. The computer I am currently on has all of my music on my Itunes. How can I put all of that music on a thumb drive and transfer it to another computer? I realize i could just copy all of my music files that I have onto the drive, but i know the names would be wrong, and the artwork would not be there.

Thanks.
How do you save your Itunes Library?
copy the itunes folder to a CD and put it on the new PC. I think the folder is in my docs or my music.
How do you save your Itunes Library?
there should be an iTunes folder in your 'My Documents'

sorry i cant be more specific because I'm at work and don't have iTunes on here.



but, i know what you are talking about. I copied all the itunes data folder from my documents and transferred it to the the new computer, along with the mp3 files of course.
The last answer is right but just to clear it up, it's under My Music where there is the iTunes folder.
There are numerous tutorials on the net if you search for them. I've never done it fully but it seems simple enough. Try the attached links. They should work for you.