Wednesday 21 September 2011

Re: Computer Topic: Your home or search page was hijacked. ?

Someone used my computer and after running a scan it stated my home or search page was hijacked. How did someone do this, and %26quot;why%26quot; would someone do this. I allowed a brother of a friend to use my computer and this is what followed. The http:// window now has his company name. Was this change intentional or by accident through him using a site when he asked to use my computer for study-related reasons? I cannot see a noticeable change with the function of my computer, however, it bothers me that someone chose to do %26quot;something%26quot; to my computer without asking me first. If there is an explanation (other than disrepect for my property and ignorance) I would appreciate info. and any offers to an explanation; it might keep me from %26quot;screaming%26quot; at this person after I was generous to invite him to Thanksgiving dinner with my family when he had no other invitation. Thank you.
Re: Computer Topic: Your home or search page was hijacked. ?
Most likely it was accidental, without him even knowing. All he had to do was click on an ad on a page....or if he tried to send an email greeting card, those sites often include browser hijackers.



Download and run this excellent free program, which will find and destroy the trojan responsible.



http://www.malwarebytes.com