Saturday 24 September 2011

Can i get on my Microsoft Office 2003 email account from another computer?

What happend is, today for no apparent reason only my user name for windows XP completely got wiped out and when i signed on it had the Dell background with no icons and all these set-up wizards for the internet ect.; it is almost as if i have just set up a brand new computer (No one else with a user name on my family's computer had this happen, only me). I have tried system restore and to be quite honest, it sucks. It keeps giving me the error, %26quot;No changes were made to your computer, couldn't restore to the chosen date.%26quot; I would love it if you could tell me how to fix this problem but really the only file/system that i cant get back that i really need is my email. I have/had an email account with the 2003 Microsoft Outlook program and since SR wont work, i just wanted to know if there was a way to get that back somehow or if i could download the same Microsoft Outlook but then set up my same account i had on to it.
Can i get on my Microsoft Office 2003 email account from another computer?
If you haven't formatted the HD yet you can get the email archive from the folder where they are defaulted to save to.



Go to File

Then Import export

Import from another file program

Personal Folder file (pst) (that folder should have your info in it)



Hope this helps
Can i get on my Microsoft Office 2003 email account from another computer?
I couldn't tell you how to setup the account because I don't know who your email provider is but I can tell you where your e-mail should be saved.

Ditto to the posting above about the File and Import but it should ask you where the file is located and you will have to browse to this location for your email.

Your e-mail is saved under:

%26quot;c:\documents-and-settings\*username*\鈥?settings\application data\microsoft\outlook%26quot;.

You should see a file named Outlook.pst. If you do not you should at least see some file that ends with the extension of .pst. All Outlook emails are stored within this one folder.

If you do not see either, Outlook was set to store this data elsewhere or this was a different server type. Maybe if this email was for work (Microsoft Exchange). If you get this far (or not) let me know