Friday 16 September 2011

Computer people....how can I rename my computer???

ok here's my situation ...my computer crashed and I had a technician install xp on it(i didn't have the backup cd's) but when he installed it he changed the computer name to my name. Well now I can't access iTunes bc of this. It says only the computer with the other name can log into it. Is there a way to change the name of the computer without having to install the entire program again???



my husband did change the computer name , so when u click the windows button the panal has the original name, but i don't think that actually worked for the original name like in the internal harddrive (if you can understand that) . ok like when you delete a file, when in actuality if a pro comes in he can still find that file in ur drive.

thank you for your help
Computer people....how can I rename my computer???
Right click on my computer

choose properties

Windows Vista : Advanced system setting Then choose then choose %26quot;computer name%26quot; tab

Windows XP: your gonna find right infront if your face %26quot;change%26quot; computer name
  • ittwit
  • msdn
  •