Wednesday 21 September 2011

Can someone tell me how I can fix this problem because I don't have a clue?

I have a Win XP Dell E510 and using McAfee Security Suite 10. I am getting a warning popup about 4-6 times a day with the following message:

McAfee has detected a potentially unauthorized change to your computer. Details:

SystemGuard Name: Shared Task Scheduler

Change: File Modified:More Info

SystemGuard Description: The SharedTaskScheduler registry key contains a list of programs that run when Windows starts. Some spyware or other potentially unwanted programs modify this key and add themselves to the list without your permission.

Process: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

Process Name: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services

Process Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

Affected Items: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Check Updates for Windows Live Toolbar.job

If you did not expect this change, McAfee recommends that you block it. If you expected this change, allow

I have tried both blocking %26amp; allowing, and even checked the box that says don't show this message again but it keeps coming back
Can someone tell me how I can fix this problem because I don't have a clue?
1.This message appears while you are on Internet and surfing ?

Check your IE security settings.

or

Try with Mcafee disabled and with Windows Firewall ON.

2 start/run/msconfig start programs.

Uncheck unneeded programs at start up , other than Microsoft pgms.

3 Or

let this program help you. One click operation

AWC2Personal from http://www.iobit.com

This will also give a list of start up programs.

Does some antispyware check etc.

Cleans your registry etc.
Can someone tell me how I can fix this problem because I don't have a clue?
Try uninstalling the windows live toolbar to stop it trying to update.
Another possibility is that svchost has become corrupted. You can generally fix it by going to a command prompt and typing:



SFC /SCANNOW



Let it run and reboot at the end. It may fix your problem.
quit McAfee, get another antivirus. Not Norton as it is the same
Oh my gosh!!!!
u answered that question all on ur own.......ur using McAfee.....get a diff antivirus....but goodluck trying to get Mcafee out of ur system........
Just visit the Site Below!!!
Obviously you have a virus
  • break up with girlfriend
  • what kind of snakes are
  •