Saturday 24 September 2011

Vista not loading, can only re-install it, how do I fix it? And will I get to keep my files? =S?

I started by using the Registry Easy program to search and fix problems, then got and used Advanced System care.

Then, a friend of mine sent me a website to fix some Visa tweaks, supposedly to allow your computer to boot faster, to shut down faster, to change your startup screen, etc.

So I did a few of those tweaks. But then, as I rebooted my computer, I got a royal.sys blue screen of death. I rebooted in safe mode, and checked online how to fix it. I followed the first steps, which included going into system32 (the thing nobody should ever do) and changing the file%26#039;s name from royal.sys to royal.bsk or anything else.

Therefore, I did it, then rebooted. After Vista loaded, the horror. It claimed that my Windows copy was not an original, and that I couldn%26#039;t do anything unless I either bought a legal copy online or inserted an activation code.

After a few reboots (I could at least use the internet meanwhile), the computer just refused to load Windows. It just kept rebooting in a cycle as soon after the blue screen, in which you can press F10, esc, etc, for boot options. I asked one of my friends to download and burn on a CD the Windows Reparation CD, and it kind of worked, since it loaded Windows, but I still needed an activation code to re-install Vista. What can I do??

Also, a HUGE worry that I have, will I be able to keep my files???

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.|||i think you may be able to keep your files with a flash drive, but im not expert. some random assho/le who hates my dad keeps hacking us. so i haven%26#039;t been able to try. we have to reload everything 1 time a week
  • streamreader
  • low cost web hosting
  •