Saturday 24 September 2011

How do I change the OEM splash screen when the computer first starts up?

I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) splash screen that comes up as you start the computer. The screen that will splash Dell or Sony etc~ I have located a bitmap file that has the logo on it and is named OEMLOGO.bmp but it doesn%26#039;t do anything when I change it. I am not talking about the bootskin that has the windows logo on it.





I am running an older laptop that is no longer under warranty (not that the manufacturer actually wanted to honor the warranty), so I am not to shy about changing some of the features on it.





thank you for your help|||Not Windows splash... so you mean the BIOS Splash? Very unlikely to be changeable, if you can, need to finding the direct BIOS source of the tool, as Oracle of Matrix says: %26quot;return to the Source%26quot;.|||There is a free program studio called logon studio. There are versions for XP and Vista. It allows you to change the logon and logoff screens. Read the instructions carefully. You can find it by going to...





http://www.stardock.com/products/logonst鈥?/a>





I hope this helps.|||You cannot change it, it is part of the read only BIOS chip.